CAVENDISH BEACH MUSIC FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION 2017
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION BEFORE FILLING OUT YOUR FORM
- Use one form per person. Contact the festival music office at [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Schedule requests are not guaranteed. If you are scheduled for a time when you are unavailable, please let us know ASAP.
YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE…NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Volunteers are required to work at least one shift during the festival. Of course, we can always use your help for more than one shift. You are an essential part of the event and in return for your commitment we will provide to you:
- Volunteer T-shirt
- Training Session (TBD)
- Volunteer hospitality tent that you may use while working.
- In addition, you will be given tokens during your shifts that may be redeemed for merchandise and other items (subject to availability).
- Volunteer price for tickets (Pre-Sale pricing on GA wknd passes)
- Complimentary volunteer parking during your shift
- Please review the list of volunteer areas and indicate your choice on the registration form. Assignments are made on a first come, first serve basis and according to the times that you are available to work. We will do our best to place you in your first choice but appreciate your understanding if this is not possible.
- By filling out the 2017 Volunteer Areas form, the indemnification form has been agreed to.
ATTENDANCE: We depend on your commitment to the Cavendish Beach Music Festival. If your schedule must change or if you have an emergency, please contact the festival office at:[email protected]
ARRIVAL & BREAKS: Please arrive through the Check In/ Volunteer tent (VIP Entrance). You will not be admitted into the festival through any entrance without a bracelet. You must check-in and out at every shift. This is necessary to receive credit, and therefore benefits, for the time that you give to the festival. Please be aware that during the festival traffic volumes are higher than normal. Please insure you arrive 20 minutes before your shift or in a timely matter to allow for parking and travel time to the volunteer tent and scheduled area of work.
Volunteers will be required to go through security screenings including bag searches to the equal extent of festivla go-ers.
VOLUNTEER ATTIRE: Every volunteer receives one Cavendish Beach Music Festival volunteer t-shirt. You must wear your shirt while working and change immediately after your shift. We prefer that volunteers also wear khaki pants or shorts. If you would like to purchase additional volunteer t-shirts, you may do so by emailing us. Please be advised to wear comfortable shoes as shifts require you to be on your feet for long periods of time.
MEALS AND BEVERAGES: Water will be provided to all volunteers while working. Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed before or during your shift or at anytime that you are wearing your volunteer t-shirt. Violation of this rule will result in immediate dismissal and forfeit of your registration and any benefits that you may have earned. Meal tokens will be provided to volunteers during their breaks.
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS: Tokens will be redeemable throughout the festival for merchandise and other items (subject to availability). Volunteers also receive a discount on tickets (TBD).
TRAINING: All volunteers, new and returning, will be required to attend a training/ information session. Date and time TBD. At this meeting, you will receive your volunteer handbook, t-shirt and give you a chance to meet your Team Leader to learn about the area where you will be working.
2017 Volunteer Areas
Special Needs Escort
Assist guests from VIP entrance to disabled platform, assist in exiting festival grounds.
Direct guests to seating areas, keep established aisles clear, and monitor the concert area for any problems.
Staff the volunteer entrance, check-in volunteers for their shifts, assist volunteer coordinator with benefits program and keep the hospitality area clean and stocked with supplies.
Information/Customer Lounge/ Lost & Found
The Customer Lounge provides amenities such as lockers for rental, couches and a lounge area, ATM machines, lost & found, festival programs and more. Volunteers will oversee this area and provide guests with information on the time and location of events at the festival, location of festival amenities and general information about the Cavendish Beach Area. There will be a radio at this location to contact a volunteer organizer in emergencies. Lost & Found is for personal items but also for lost children and parents. Festival map will clearly indicate this area is for lost persons.